There are 4 different grades that students receive for PE. They are all based on our national and state PE standards. The grading scale is based on a number system rather than a letter grade, just like the students normal grades*.
• Demonstrates motor skills (PE Standard 1)
• Demonstrates an understanding of movement concepts and principles (PE Standard 2)
• Participates in/ understands a healthy level of physical fitness (PE Standard 3&4)
• Demonstrates responsible personal and social behavior (PE Standard 5&6)
* Students also receive an effort grade.
Grading Scale: 1-4
1- Student is having trouble meeting the standard and needs extensive work to become proficient.
2- Student is close to meeting the standard but still lacks some critical elements and must make some adjustment before proficiency is achieved.
3- Student is meeting the standard.
4-Student is meeting the standard and going above and beyond what is asked. They are able to teach other students and constantly improving.
Each 12 week grading period different motor skills and concepts will be covered, meaning that one grading period your son or daughter may excel in a particular area but another grading period we may be doing another skill that they are not as strong in. Please do not be alarmed if they go from a 4 to a 3 from one grading period to another or from 3 to a 2. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.